Who We Are
Abacus Ltd., an established, dynamic Accounting Services and Business Solutions company.
Now Hiring: Account Manager
Abacus Ltd. is looking for a high-energy, inspiring Account Manager to join our team in this exciting growth phase for our company! We are looking for someone who is passionate about teamwork and enjoys variety, loves to geek out to financial data, and is all about continuous improvement and thinking outside the box. We are not like most companies. We do not believe in rigid structure and prefer instead to focus on hiring high-performing, dynamic, collaborative people who want to work together to get things done and build something great! This role will support a broad base of small to medium-sized businesses within multiple industries.
Abacus Ltd is an established, dynamic Accounting Services and Business Solutions company. Our mission is to champion our clients’ entrepreneurial spirit, celebrate their victories, build lasting relationships, and help them create impactful and sustainable business value. We will achieve this through thoughtful and honest communication, strategically engaging and developing quality talent and utilizing an efficient and effective technology strategy.
Our values shape our culture. It is who we are, what we value and how we strive to show up every day:
- Excellence: We strive to exceed expectations
- Integrity: We are honest, trustworthy and transparent, keeping our clients’ best interests at the core of what we do
- Innovation: We strive to learn, innovate and share
- Social Responsibility: We seek to make a difference
Reporting to the Director of Accounting Services, the Account Manager role is a key role within our team focused on managing the overall client experience, yielding amazing data and amplifying the impact of our services. The role also directly supports our clients, serving as a trusted point person and financial advisor by providing recommendations and sound financial advice on an ongoing basis. The position requires a mix of strong technical and hands-on accounting expertise, problem solving skills, a consulting and customer-centric mindset, and an insatiable thirst for knowledge. The success of the role is largely determined by the effectiveness and satisfaction of the client relationship.
The ideal candidate must be a qualified accountant and will be responsible for the following:
Management of the overall client experience
- Oversight and management of service delivery to a selected portfolio of clients
- Assist clients with development of financial and operational goals
- Determine key metrics and performance indicators for measuring client success
- Build and maintain an ongoing promoter relationship with clients.
Yield amazing data
- Preparation of financial statements
- Preparing financial forecasting and ad hoc reports
- Ability to identify and use technology to streamline services
- Management of the year-end audit
- Effectively liaising with third parties, vendors and banks etc. as required
- Recording transactions for cash, accounts receivables, inventory, accounts payable, revenue, expenses and other areas as needed
- Preparing and processing payroll including benefits administration
- Work within a team environment and contribute to team success
- Advise clients on accounting, operational and compliance best practices
- Meet with clients to present, explain their financial results
- Review and discuss financial results to ensure in alignment with company’s goals
Qualification, Experience and Skills
- Professional Qualified Accountant that is a member in good standing with CPA Bermuda
- A minimum of 5 years of current accounting and client service delivery experience
- Experience with managing the year audit process and preparation of financial statements in accordance with GAAP
- Familiarity with relevant local employment and benefits legislation
- Proficiency with QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online
- Hands-on experience with other automation applications and tools e.g. Dext
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel
- Proven ability to work independently and proactively to meet client needs while maintaining the highest standards of confidentiality
- Strong attention to detail while producing accurate and high-quality work
- Strong communication skills and the ability to solve problems and transfer knowledge
- Ability to organize and prioritize
Interested applicants should apply in writing to:
Ontru: Human Resources-Abacus Ltd.
91 Reid Street
Hamilton, HM 19
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org